With vet bills on the rise, this is a question that dog owners ask themselves at some point. Choosing whether or not to buy pet insurance can be challenging. There are many factors to consider, including which provider and plan is most appropriate for you and your pet. Opinions on pet insurance may range from “pet insurance saved my 4-legged child’s life” to “pet insurance is just a scam”.
Pet Health Insurance Pros
• Provides your pet with affordable care should they become seriously ill.
• Depending on your plan, costly emergency procedures are usually covered.
• Once fatal pet diseases are now treatable, yet can be expensive. Pet insurance makes them
• Provides peace of mind for dog owners that want their pet to get the best treatment.
• Most offer discounts when insuring one of more pets, or for purchasing a six month or yearly plan.
Pet Health Insurance Cons
• Most have deductibles, co-pays and caps that may limit your pay out.
• With some plans, pre-existing conditions may not covered.
• Many breed specific conditions (hip dysplasia in retrievers for example) may not be covered.
• Money spent on premium payments is gone
Whatever is best for you and your loved ones please remember this. When you need the best pet sitting services in Western Suburban Chicago trust Critter Sitters. They serve the Fox Valley and beyond. Get to know Sandy by giving her a call at (630) 844-9554.